Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

If you're looking for something light and quick to read, this might just be the ticket.

Stargirl Caraway, the eccentric, spontaneous heroine, always sings to her fellow students on their birthdays and always looks out for those who might be having a rough time.  Slightly odd, but always genuine, she is unafraid to be her own person.

If I had a pre-teen/teenage daughter (or son, I guess, although I can't see boys getting into this one much), I'd probably encourage them to give Stargirl a try.  It was clean and a really quick read--I think it only took me a day or two--but it was well-written and kept me reading to find out what would happen.  I believe it has a sequel (which I haven't read yet . . . ) called Love, Stargirl--I'll be sure to post if I ever read it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh- now you are on my turf. I love how all your "light, in-betweeners" are my regulars. You are just to advanced for me, but I'm glad you regress every once in a while. I liked this one and Ella Enchanted. Cute stories!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think--or any good books you have enjoyed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails