Monday, March 8, 2010

The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo

I loved this one! Thanks to Elsa for recommending it and Amy P. for letting me (without knowing it) borrow her beautiful copy. This only took a day to read, but it was so cleverly written and had very sweet symbolism. Perfect for a young reader--I can see why it became so popular! (And personally I think the book is better than the movie)
Part of what I liked about it was how the author talks to the reader--sort of Charlotte Bronte-ish--and addresses you as "Dear Reader" with some very charming insights into the story. Cute book! I really recommend it for young kids or for old ones looking for something quick and fun to read.


1 comment:

Tell me what you think--or any good books you have enjoyed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails