Monday, February 8, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riorden



I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter books, and this series by Rick Riorden has come pretty close to that level of enjoyment for me. They are a series of books about a young unlikely hero--Percy Jackson, son of Posiedon. Following adventure after adventure, you find yourself brushed up on your Greek mythology and thoroughly entertained into the bargain. They are well-written with a hip (but not really disrespectful) teenage voice to them (written in first person), and the dialogue is totally believable. I thought each book in the series improved upon the one before it.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I love your blog already. I will look for these books at the library! Thanks!

    cursets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone in your excitement! Amy Jo echos your sentiments about the Lightning Thief. We will have to hear your review of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to find these! I'm so glad you are doing this! I can't think of any two people more qualified!!! :) Keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for recommending these to me when I was on bed rest. I have read the first 3 and can't wait to read the rest and see the movie!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think--or any good books you have enjoyed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails