Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Little House on the Prarie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder

This is a great series of books about Laura Ingalls Wilder. It talks about her life--how she lives in the prairie, a dugout and in lots of other homes.
My favorite book in this series is: On the banks of Plum Creek.


Jessica:  I grew up on these books and loved the pictures and stories.  As a mother, I thoroughly enjoy reading this series to my children.  I think it is so good for them to realize that life wasn't always as easy and convenient as it is now.  Plus the real-life situations the Ingalls family dealt with has helped spark discussion with my own children about how to deal with their problems.  A perfectly beautiful series!

1 comment:

  1. MY FAVORITES! I never read them as a girl- can you believe that? But I have your old collection and I am reading them to Amberlee. We're almost done with Little House in the big woods. I can't believe how many books you have read! Also- like the background!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think--or any good books you have enjoyed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails