Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

Lydia:  This is a great book. The fascinating thing is that the pages are black! First, it starts out with pictures. It had a lot of adventure and a little bit of mystery.  I loved it!

Jessica:  I was surprised to find this very fat book in the Caldecott Award section of our library.  I pulled it out and thumbed through it, and sure enough, the pictures are quite amazing!


It's a very unique book--half of the story is told via pictures, much like an old black and white movie (very fitting, once you discover what the story is about!).  I don't want to ruin any of it for you, so I won't expose the plot.  It was very interesting and very appropriate for younger readers.

I was also delighted to discover that there is a movie based on the book that will be released this year, starring such greats as Ben Kingsley and Christopher Lee--Lydia and I are definitely going! :)  Here's a link to the book's website as well:  http://www.theinventionofhugocabret.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think--or any good books you have enjoyed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails