Sunday, May 9, 2010

Jane Austen Mystery Series by Stephanie Barron

Jane Austen--I love all of her books, each one more than the one I previously read, because each improves upon reading.  But sometimes I'm a little disappointed that she didn't live just a tiny bit longer . . .

So for someone who loves Jane Austen as much as I do, this series is a perfect goldmine.  It has been a while since I read them, (and there are two I haven't read yet) but I was completely enchanted by them.  Stephanie Barron has studied and perfected the voice of Jane Austen.  Based on a fictional "diary" found in a manor house years after her death, these books are a sort of record of her life in between her novel writing and letters to her sister and other family members.  Each one centers around some kind of mystery, some involving murder.  Barron includes a lot of actual instances and facts from Austen's life, and you travel with her on her real-life journeys, so you feel like the mysteries could actually have happened . . .

As I recall, these books are clean enough for older teenage readers and definitely recommended for any and all Jane Austen-fan grown-ups like myself!

1 comment:

  1. YOU improve upon each reading. I like you. I like your book blog. I want to read all these books. Sorry I never write to you anymore; I always intend to. But we all know what road is paved with good intentions.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think--or any good books you have enjoyed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails