Friday, April 23, 2010

Sarah's Quilt by Nancy E Turner


A sequel to These is My Words by Nancy E. Turner, Sarah's Quilt had so much that I loved in it. It changes the way you look at our easy life nowadays, as the main character goes through drought and loss of cattle, land, etc. If you have read and enjoyed the first book, I'm sure you'll like this one. I did think it was a bit unrealistic that so many major things happen in such a short amount of time, but it's still believable and very interesting to read. I can't decide if I liked this or the first one better; in the second, Sarah Prine has been through so much and has become an amazingly strong woman, but I think I liked her better young, bold, and naive. Still, this one was clean, and you can't argue with that! (If you're interested, here's a good review of the series.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think--or any good books you have enjoyed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails